I got this off of Facebook, but I'm really bored tonight so I decided to do it here. This is a list going around of 99 things that you ought to do in your life. The ones in bold are the ones I've done. Let's see how many I've accomplished!
1. Started your own blog-hmmm...let's see, if you're reading this I think I can check that one off!
2. Slept under the stars-When I was growing up we used to sleep in the backyard all the
time in the summer. Sleeping in the backyard is one of my favorite childhood memories.
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower-I've seen a few, but the most memorable is when I was in high school and I drove out to the middle of nowhere with a friend of mine, we laid on the hood of his car and watched the sky while we discussed life and religion. It was a really great night.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity-Give till it hurts!
7. Been to Disneyland or Disneyworld-I've been to both. I went to Disneyland a few times with my family when I was young and we took the boys to Disneyworld three years ago. Good times.
8. Climbed a mountain-I climbed a couple of mountains during my teenage years. I love the outdoors, but mountain climbing isn't really my thing.
9. Held a praying mantis-I actually really like bugs! I've held plenty of praying mantis' in my life. I took some really great macro shots of one a few years ago that I'm especially proud of.
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a thunder and lightning storm-More than I can count. I LOVE thunder storms!!
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch-Photography!
15. Adopted a child-Ummm...I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned this, but this one time, we went to Korea...:)
16. Had food poisoning-Let's not talk about it.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty-technically I haven't gone all the way to the top because the top was closed day I was there. I'm marking it off anyway because I WOULD have gone to the top if they would have let me! I had to settle for going halfway up. Still pretty cool.
18. Grown your own vegetables-I have to thank my mother for being such a great example when it comes to gardening. I'll never have the talent for it that she does, but I can grow a mean carrot when I want to. :)
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight-Isn't that pretty much a requirement for being a kid?
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill-Sometimes you just have to take a mental health day...
24. Built a snow fort-I grew up in Idaho and when I was young would get snowdrifts in our backyard that were several feet tall. I've made some awesome snow forts in my time.
25. Held a lamb-I love animals. I hold them every chance I get.
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse-In elemetary school. Super cool!
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset-The last sunset I watched was over the ocean on the coast of Korea.
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language-I'm going to cheat and say Korean because I did TRY to teach myself! :) I also taught myself quite a bit of sign language in high school.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied-I'm easily satisfied. :)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing-Once in high school.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt-I grew up two hours away from Yellowstone Park. I've seen Old Faithful erupt a million times. I never get tired of it!
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight-we spent our honeymoon on the Oregon Coast. Good times. :)
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain-Ah, young love...:)
53. Played in the mud-I was a serious tomboy when I was a kid. I grew up playing in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater-There is still a working drive-in theater in my hometown. One of the few left in the country.
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business-Wendy White Photography. Perhaps I ought to attempt to sell something this year...
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching-In Oregon when I was a teenager. I've never been more seasick in my entire life.
63. Got flowers for no reason-I love my thoughtful husband!
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma-Once, just after we got married. My veins didn't cooperate and I almost passed out. I'm too chicken to do it again.
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check-eh, we were all 18 and stupid once, right?
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy-I still have my Cabbage Patch kid. I got her for Christmas when I was 10 and someday I'll give her to Clarissa.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial-on my birthday in 1995
71. Eaten caviar
72. Pieced a quilt-a failed attempt at sewing. I don't have the patience.
73. Stood in Times Square-I was a nanny in New Jersey when I was 19. I lived about 20 miles out of NYC and I used to take the bus into the city on the weekends. The bus station is in Times Square so Times Square was the starting point of many of my adventures that year...
74. Toured the Everglades-The year I was a nanny I went to Florida with the family I nannied for. On my day off I took an Everglades tour and it was one of those most memorable days of my life. I would love to do that again.
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone-the little toe on my left foot. Twice.
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle-My dad had a motorcycle briefly when I was a kid. I think I only went on it once. I'm terrified of motorcycles.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person-Shawn and I took a trip to the Grand Canyon many years ago. It's a special memory we share and it makes me smile just thinking about it. It's a long, incredibly funny story. :)
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper-There was a big picture in the paper of me smelling candles at a home and garden show several years ago. I think I still have that picture around here somewhere...
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve
86. Visited the White House-again, on my birthday in 1995. That was the year I was a nanny and I took myself on a birthday trip to Washington DC for my 20th birthday. I took the bus from New Jersey to DC by myself and spent the weekend in a really yucky hotel because it's all I could afford. I have a lot of great stories from that little adventure.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating-my family used to go fishing when I was little. I know how to catch and gut a fish but you couldn't pay me to do that now. Blech.
88. had chickenpox-the first day of summer vacation when I was 12. Not the way I planned to spend the my summer!!
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury-I was actually the foreman of a jury when I was two months pregnant with Josh. I had morning sickness the entire time but I got out of a job I hated for three days, so I had a good time! :)
91. Met someone famous-I've met a couple of moderately famous people over the years. I shook Cory Feldmans hand when I was about 13. I thought that was pretty much the coolest thing ever at the time. :)
92. Joined a book club-I used to host a book club. I love them!
93. Got a tattoo
94. Had a baby-I've given birth twice. Not that much fun, but totally worth the pain!
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake-I swam in the Great Salt Lake as a kid. It's salty. :)
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone-does it count if I never turn it on? I hate cellphones.
99. Been stung by a bee-a few times actually. Bees like me for some reason. (Or they HATE me, which is why they sting me...)
OK, according to my count I've done 51 of the 99 things. A little over half, not bad! :)