Monday, June 27, 2011


Well, the third annual cabin trip adventure came to an end and we're back home now. The weekend went by SO fast! We had a lot of fun, I think everyone was sad to leave. Every time we get together the adults play Speed Scrabble and I seriously LOVE that game. Saturday night we were all super tired and hopped up on all the junk food we were consuming and the game got pretty silly. I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard. Good times. :)

The only problem with me going up to the mountains and getting some fresh mountain air is that I'm allergic to fresh mountain air. I've been sneezing for three days and my asthma is terrible. I thought it would get better when we came home but this morning I woke up and my eyes were swelling shut and I can't breathe. I don't know what it is that is bothering my allergies so much but I'm pretty miserable. I took some Benedryl earlier, which I try not to do unless I'm desperate because it makes me SUPER sleepy and spaced out, but I was pretty desperate. So now Josh is babysitting Clarissa downstairs while I rest for a little bit. I can breathe better now and my eyes aren't itchy and watery, but now my brain is only half functioning. I'm not really sure why I chose to blog in the middle of it. I wonder if this post will make any sense when the medine fog lifts.

The other thing I've been doing today that I shouldn't be doing in a medicine induced haze is trying to find some more information on our stupid tax return. We finally qualified for the adoption tax credit this year and of course this is the year the IRS has decided to be difficult about it. We filed our taxes in February and still haven't gotten our refund. The IRS has flagged all the adoption tax credits for review and they're making everyone submit a bunch of extra info and they're taking their own sweet time reviewing all of it. I called today to see if I could get a status update and they told me that nothing was new and to call back in August. I'm kind of cranky about it. I suppose it's a good thing that the government is making sure that no one is trying to scam them out of  fake adoption tax credits, but mine is legitimate, I swear! I'm hoping that they were just being conservative and we hear something before August.

Ok, so now I'm going to go lay down and try to get over this medicine haze. I feel kind of crappy. :( I look forward to reading this post when I'm lucid, lol.


Dustin, Darci, Britton, Benjamin, & Caden said...

Ahhh. That makes me feel better about being audited on our portion of the adoption tax credit. I thought it was weird that we had to send in our court documents in the first place, but now we've had to submit all of our receipts. Ours is just a carry over from Benjamin's adoption and probably isn't even that much money! Glad you had fun at the cabin though. Bummer about the allergies.

Wendy said...

Yep, pretty much everyone who applied for an adoption tax credit this year had to submit all that extra info. A handful of people on the Korean adoption message board I post on have gotten their refund back but the majority are still waiting. We filed in February, sent them the extra documentation they asked for on May 3rd and they're estimating that we'll get our refund around the end of August. Apparently they've had a lot of tax fraud with the adoption tax credit and the first time homebuyers credit so now they're going over each return with a fine toothed comb to make sure they're legit. I understand it but I'm getting impatient!

MaMeex5 said...

And to think I thought it was just us. We too filed in February, then resubmitted our paperwork in April, then got letters stating the end of May and then Mid June. Haven't heard from them yet. I did have a friend tell me that a friend of hers called and requested a tax advocate and was able to get her return quickly with the free tax advocate. If you are inclined to seek further assistance perhaps an advocate could help.